Re: Uninitalized Face data

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: Uninitalized Face data
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:56:20 +0100

Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> > "All _[A-Z].* identifiers changed to [A-Z].*_ for ANSI conformity."
>
> possibly to avoid a clash with preexisting system identifiers.

Exactly the reason.

> However, given that you use a namespace 'TT' throughout the code,
> this is highly unlikely...

I agree this is unlikely, because I do not know of a compiler or standard
library that makes use of macros whose names begin with _TT_.

However, the standard mandates us to *not* use identifiers that begin
with _ then an uppercase letter, because these identifiers are reserved
to the compilers' and standard library's writers.

Moreover, since we explicitely take care of the namespace problem by
only using external names beginning with TT_, we are reducing to a minimum
the risk of name clash with other libraries: so we do the best we can
under current standards.

Antoine