Re: TT patents once more

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: TT patents once more
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:57:52 +0100

[ Knuth on TT patents & patents in general ]
Sure, if the patents are void, the case is solved as well. That would of
course be the ultimate solution! But that was not my point. In retrospect I
think my mail is too premature to make sense right now, and we should
patiently wait what happens with the negotiations with Apple. Still, what I
meant to say was, *if* the patents turn out to be valid (one remark by
Knuth is not proof of the opposite), and *if* Apple doesn't want to promise
not to enforce them, then *maybe* it can help to write an open letter to
Apple signed by a lot of people.

Just