Re: How to calculate the size of FT_RENDER_POOL for 240x320 LCD

From: ricky rocky
Subject: Re: How to calculate the size of FT_RENDER_POOL for 240x320 LCD
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 11:17:28 +0900

Hi Alexei,

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,
Ricky

On Wed, Dec 21, 2022, 11:08 PM Alexei Podtelezhnikov <apodtele@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 3:48 AM ricky rocky <rickyrocky.ble@gmail.com> wrote:
> I saw an info that, can reduce 16kB -> 4kB, but I don't know if that will cause any bug when rendering.

Go ahead andĀ  try it. It is surprising for me that you cannot afford
16kB while you want TrueType fonts, which are typically >100kB.
FreeType library compiled is typically 700kB. Font rendering is a very
computationally expensive task. Somehow I doubt that the rendering
pool is a place to conserve resources. I suggest that you look
elsewhere, or explain better why 16kB is multipliedĀ  or, otherwise,
very critical to you.

As for your basic typography questions, I suggest
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/opentype/spec/ttch01

Best,
Alexei