RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Bug: tt_check_single_notdef function skip spaces

From: Dominik Mazgaj
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Bug: tt_check_single_notdef function skip spaces
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 11:18:57 +0000

Hi

>Hmm.  Too bad that Microsoft's PDF driver doesn't strip off tables for
>embedded bitmaps.  Maybe it makes even sense to write a bug report to
>MS: There shouldn't be any bitmap strikes in fonts part of a PDF.

I can imagine a PDF where someone is using these bitmas in the right size, but
the space itself can be custom scaled .... And that won't be a bug...

>If you can provide a Merge Request (on gitlab.freedesktop.org) I'm willing to
>add the functionality you need.

Hmm, with my corporate email, I had trouble signing up here:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/groups/freetype/-/issues

sbits-always-scalable and FT_PARAM_TAG_SBITS_ALWAYS_SCALABLE. That resolve this
problem, but in my opinion problem is in tt_check_single_notdef (don't see
glyph at index 3). If I understand correctly this function checking only glyph
offsets (empty glyph don't have different begin and end offset)? I expected
some corrections there. Acrobat and FontForge can see that this is a (empty)
glyph on index 3.

Regards
Dominik Mazgaj