Re: freetype.org domain

From: Bermler
Subject: Re: freetype.org domain
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 12:15:51 +0000

I am of the opinion the domain should stay with David Turner and Mr. Lemberg. That way if anything comes up they can deal with it immediately and with their own hands. But that’s just my opinion.

Sent from ProtonMail for iOS

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 6:17 AM, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

Hello Daniel,

>> I'm from the X.org board of directors, and we're going through all
>> the domains that freedesktop.org infrastructure is hosting. One of
>> them is freetype.org, and we got a few questions:
>>
>> - who's the current contact and holder? In case we need that for
>> moving things around in the DNS, or other reasons. Feel free to
>> drop to board@ only if you dont want to discuss this in private.
>>
>> - also, is there any interest in moving to X.org? I don't expect
>> this to be the case here, but for the domains that are part of
>> the fd.o/x.org core mission we're trying to consolidate them and
>> clear up ownership, so while I go around might as well ask.
>>
>> If you know a better place to ask these, please reply and add them.
>
> Just a quick ping, plus adding -devel since it looks like this
> hasn't made it to archives.

Indeed, I haven't seen your original message, sorry for that.

The owner of the 'freetype.org' domain is David Turner
<digit@google.com>; I have already forwarded your message to him so
that he can respond.