Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Problem with flagging font as 'tricky'

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Problem with flagging font as 'tricky'
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 21:02:33 +0900

Hi all,

Sorry for posting about my homework in 6 months ago.
During the fix for the issue 1078
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype/-/issues/1087
, I added a tweak skipping the randomization "tag"
of the family names of the fonts embedded in PDF.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype/-/commit/2b3ccd6e266cc74740ee6157b643a0c409c5df64

At present, it skips the heading uppercase 6 letters
with "+" delimiter, this syntax was defined by PDF
Reference.

There might be some poorly designed implementations
using some digits in the randomization tag, like,
"123456+Courier" or "123ABC+Helvetica". Current tweak
does not take them as the randomization tag. If you
have some PDFs including such incorrect randomization
tag, please let me know.

Regards,
mpsuzuki