Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields

From: Anuj Verma
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 15:02:57 +0000

> For linear segments, it will save more than 90% according to your
> table. Then you will see that splitting Bezier curves is not such a
> bad option. In general, Bezier curves are used in graphics because it
> is easy to split and flatten them. I would be very surprised if
> distance fields were different in this regard?

Well, I'm not much familiar with the rendering part of bezier curve. In distance fields I'm just concerned about finding the shortest distance as accurate and as fast as possible.
So I won't leave out your option, in the next few days I'll try to optimize the code and then again we can compare the results. I think it will be a good option.

Anuj

Sent from Outlook Mobile