Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: GSOC - Distance Fields
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 18:29:13 -0400

> lol.  Intersecting contours have been a reality of TrueType since forever.
> The cedilla on a c always overlapped it.  That's why there's a fill rule...

lol? Two straight lines intersect inside a square pixel. What's the
coverage? Please come back with a formula when you have it. Stop
giving me the winding rule nonsense. I am interested in a single pixel
answer. When you understand the problem, you can admire the
self-intersecting outlines all you want. Note that the solution
without intersection is additive.