Re: The TrueType rendering accuracy nightmare

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: The TrueType rendering accuracy nightmare
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 14:47:14 -0400

>> From the image, it is evident that both FreeType and TD renderer (my own
>> renderer that relies on FreeType but uses my own rasterizer,
>> https://typedesign.netlify.app/tdrenderer.html) are extremely glitchy. It is
>> very important to take research into TrueType rendering to properly simulate
>> the Microsoft bilevel renderer because it would help render fonts correctly.
>> The immense complexity of FreeType's rasterizer is still not enough. What a
>> nightmare!
>>
> What are we supposed to answer to your post exactly?

In Piotr's defense, he is much more constructive in his bug reporting.
I does look that he identified and helped with:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?58373 where the borderline
pixels on horizontal stems are not turned on
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?58352 where rounding in
bytecode seems to be off by 1.

Alexei