Re: tracing and logging library - GSOC Project

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: tracing and logging library - GSOC Project
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 15:58:36 +0100 (CET)

> As per the reply, my main focus for this project will be on the
> following platforms:
>
>    - Windows
>    - macOS
>    - Linux
>    - iOS
>    - ChromeOS
>    - Android
>    - ReactOS

Instead of 'Linux' (which is just an OS kernel) I would rather ask for
'standard Unix environments' like GNU/Linux or BSD variants.  'macOS'
and 'iOS' are more or less based on BSD, while 'ChromeOS' is a
GNU/Linux variant (to a certain extent).  'ReactOS' should essentially
use the same API as Windows.

> Further, I have query related to the testing part of the project. I
> know the basic testing will be surely part of this project.  But
> just wanted to check the scope of testing that is required as part
> of this project on these platforms.  Is there any support for
> different test environments already available?

We don't have CI (yet).