Re: commit 6a92b1fad makes FreeType reject woff files

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: commit 6a92b1fad makes FreeType reject woff files
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 10:16:42 +0100 (CET)

> I just got some time look at this and I think I have figured out the
> problem.  In a make devel build, the internal copy of zlib is being
> used which is very old and thus fails with my patch.

Yes.  However, this might also happen if the user compiles on systems
that don't have zlib for whatever reason.

> There are 3 ways to solve this problem:
> 1. In devel/ftoption.h:226 enable the macro #define
>    FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SYSTEM_ZLIB
> 2. Revert my patch altogether. But then gzip encoded glyphs from
>    ot-svg fonts won't work. (Don't know the impact on WOFF2 fonts)
> 3. Update the internal version of zlib to the newest version.

Solution 3 is the way to go, of course (and thanks for your
willingness to work on it :-).  However, as a temporary measure, maybe
you could add some #ifdef stuff until you are done with updating the
internal zlib?  `FT_CONFIG_OPTION_SYSTEM_ZLIB' is a user option, and
it has to work both switched on and off.