freetype/coverity

From: Chris Liddell
Subject: freetype/coverity
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 17:47:12 +0000

Hi all,

We use Freetype with Ghostscript. We have also been using coverity
static analysis for quite some time, but during the last 4/5 months,
we've had a concerted effort to get our sources free of coverity issues,
and that finally happened in the last week or two.

We're now discussing whether to turn our attention to the libraries that
we incorporate of which, as I said, Freetype is one.

Would you (mainly Werner, but others too) consider there to be value in
us doing the same for Freetype?

Since, by default, we package with (most of) our dependency sources, it
would be trivial to include Freetype in the Ghostscript Coverity scan.

Regards,

Chris