[ft-devel] GSoC: OT-SVG: `librsvg' based port functional now

From: Moazin Khatri
Subject: [ft-devel] GSoC: OT-SVG: `librsvg' based port functional now
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 10:02:26 +0500

Hi Werner and Toshiya,

While using resvg to render glyphs from SVG documents which contain
multiple glyphs, I observed some clipping issues. Ultimately, I realized the
problem was with `resvg'. So I started work on a `librsvg' based port. That
is functional now and can be found here. This one doesn't have those
clipping issues and works fine with SVG documents that contain multiple
glyphs.

I will probably debug the issue more later on and if I am sure it's a problem
with `resvg', I will report it to the devs of `resvg'.

Werner, the sluggishness you mentioned earlier, I observed that it doesn't
occur in this `librsvg' port. Turns out, it was occurring because I was linking
against a `debug' build of `resvg' not the `release'  build. Changing that,
removed the sluggishness and everything works super fast now. :)
Still looking at how the caching might be extended to  work with OT-SVG
is a good idea and stays in my list. :)

Regards,
Moazin