Re: [ft-devel] Static website themes for API reference

From: armin
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Static website themes for API reference
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 22:45:31 +0200

> [...] Let me know if there are any questions/comments!

A few quick thoughts (attention -- highly biased content ahead! :D):

#1: MkDocs, #2: Material, #3: ReadtheDocs

- In terms of navigation, I think the order is #3 (best), #2 (2nd), and #1
(worst).
- When speaking of space efficiency, the order is #1 and #3 (best), #2 (worst).
- Search: #2 obviously has the best search function (I like instant search and
highlighting of keywords).  #1 has at least instant search, but keywords do not
get highlighted which is a bit sad.  #2 does neither -- no instant search and
no highlighting.  Generally, all search results look adequate (from what I was
able to test), however #2 seems a tiny bit more spot than the rest.
- And finally, when talking about what meets my eye, I would go for #2 (best),
#3 (2nd) and #1 (worst).

Please take all of that with a grain of salt :)

> I am also considering trying out https://jekyllrb.com/ [...]

I think Mono (http://www.mono-project.com/) works successfully with Jekyll.

Have a great day/night,
Armin