Re: [ft-devel] CPAL interface

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] CPAL interface
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 20:04:53 -0400

> Not for this case, as far as I can see.  The code to blend two color
> layers as specified in COLR/CPAL is (currently) function
> `tt_face_colr_blend_layer'.

I strongly suggest that this is removed. Linear blending is bad
anyway. We should just provide coverage maps for each layer (including
MONO and LCD optimized ones) and let client libraries with good
gamma-corrected blending do the final assembly job. We stayed away
from blending and should continue to do so.