[ft-devel] Query about FTL License

From: 박수완
Subject: [ft-devel] Query about FTL License
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 17:45:34 +0900

Dear Sir or Madam

I am Suwan Park who wants to use FreeType library commercially.
My application will just use its library form without any modifications.
In FreeType web site, I read the phrase, "The FreeType License (FTL) is the most commonly used one".
I have read the plain text, http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2.git/tree/docs/FTL.TXT.
However it was difficult for me to understand it clearly.
I am sorry that I am a beginner in open source license and a non-English speaker.
So I want to confirm if I use FreeType with distributing FTL text file and providing a suitable acknowledgment.
In other words, don't I need to open(distribute) my application source code using FreeType-distinct from GPL- and have any legal problem?

I hope I'm not disturbing anything.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Suwan