Re: [ft-devel] Duplicate default instance as named-instance

From: Adam Twardoch (List)
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Duplicate default instance as named-instance
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 02:35:43 +0200

A future version of the fontTools subsetter or other such tools will most likely remove all named instances from the fvar and name tables e.g. in the webfont context because there, they are just dead meat — they're really optional. FreeType should not rely on the presence of named instances.

Sent from my mobile phone.