Re: [ft-devel] format -1, platform 7 cmap for woff?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] format -1, platform 7 cmap for woff?
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 09:48:48 +0200 (CEST)

> Have a curious woff for which the bottom of ftdump says:
>
> charmaps
>    0: format 4, platform 0, encoding  3   language 0
>    1: format 6, platform 1, encoding  0   language 0
>    2: format 4, platform 3, encoding  1   language 0 (active)
>    3: format -1, platform 7, encoding  0   language 0
>
> This looks like a mistake in the font and/or ftdump not ignoring
> such?

The last one is artificial, mainly intended for Adobe charsets.
Please send me the font for further investigation.

> BTW, when will the next freetype be out? And is it 2.7.2 or 2.8.0?

It will be 2.8.

> With so many font events going on this month, if it didn't happen
> last week before Typo Lab it probably will be a while?

Hehe, I caught a cold while being there...  It shouldn't take too long
for the new release, but right now I'm still sick, not being able to
concentrate as much as I would like to.

There is one bug for the auto-hinter to fix and to apply (and check) a
bunch of patches for new scripts to be supported by the auto-hinter.