Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] ftinspect

From: Adam Twardoch (List)
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] ftinspect
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 02:15:20 +0200

TrueType Viewer by Rogier van Dalen already is a FreeType-based font viewer and hinting debugger with a quite decently designed Qt-based GUI:

https://github.com/rogiervd/fonttools

http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~slam/fonts/truetypeviewer.html

I think it would benefit from being upgraded, and possibly extended to support HarfBuzz shaping and variable fonts.

AFAIK, the tool is GPL2, but I had been in contact with the author a few years ago, and he might be persuaded into relicensing the tool into, say, the FreeType license.

Sent from my mobile phone.