[ft-devel] shift to factor

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: [ft-devel] shift to factor
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 22:59:09 -0500

How many people in the world would notice if I changed shift to factor
in this interface?

https://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-outline_processing.html#FT_Outline_Funcs

Internally, we use neither shift not delta with both 0. I can see that
shift is so inflexible that it is hardly usable, but if we changed it
to a factor, we might use it to 3-fold scale the outline for subpixel
rendering without the need to scale it back again, for example. Right
now we shift the outline, scale it, render it, scale it back, and
shift it back. No big deal but there are potential savings here.

Well, we might need 2(xy) scales and 2(xy) deltas actually. Perhaps I
am asking fro too much.