Re: [ft-devel] CFF2 and HVAR support now available

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] CFF2 and HVAR support now available
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 23:12:13 +0100 (CET)

> Do I understand correctly that clients like Firefox would need to
> add handling of those features and just using FreeType master is not
> enough?

FreeType will take care of fvar, gvar, avar, cvar, HVAR, VVAR, and
MVAR – the application selects a variation, and everything is updated
accordingly.  Handling of the STAT table, however, is to be done by
the application [at least I believe so currently.]

git master doesn't hold complete support yet for those tables, but it
should be workable already for most fonts.