Re: [ft-devel] Clean-up of af_loader_load_glyph()

From: Nikolaus Waxweiler
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Clean-up of af_loader_load_glyph()
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 15:42:50 +0200

What exactly is this subpixel hinting and what is needed to support
it?

Good question.  I guess it means that hinting support should be added
for glyphs where the origin is not positioned at an integer pixel
value.

Do those exist? Would it make a difference?

Why is this ifdef'ed out?

I can't remember.  Maybe you can find out more with `git blame'.

A quick check says that I need to spend more time with git blame. Some other time.