Re: [ft-devel] Support for Gujarati

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Support for Gujarati
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 17:55:15 +0200 (CEST)

>> I've added support for the Gujarati script to both FreeType and
>> ttfautohint.
>
> It appears that the docs need a lot of revision. How much of the
> following is still true?
> http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-auto_hinter.html#FT_AUTOHINTER_SCRIPT_XXX

This is completely broken currently.  There is no longer a mapping
from glyph to scripts but from glyphs to `styles' of the form
`xxxx_yyyy', where `xxxx' gives the script and `yyyy' an OpenType
feature.

I think that the property should be renamed to `glyph-to-style-map',
but I think it's actually better to remove it completely: This
property predates the inclusion of HarfBuzz, and today there's
actually hardly a need to ever modify this mapping.