Re: [ft-devel] CFF divide operator

From: Derek B. Noonburg
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] CFF divide operator
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 11:07:29 -0800 (PST)

On 2016 Feb 05, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> I've run into some CFF fonts that use the divide operator, which is
>> unimplemented in the new CFF interpreter.
>
> Interesting.  Please send me a sample privately for my collection.
> Can you find out which CFF generator created the fonts?  Or are the
> fonts even `native' CFF?

I'll send you a font file.

The fonts are from a PDF file, which claims:

Creator:        Adobe InDesign CS6 (Macintosh)
Producer:       DALiM Software Applications

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'native CFF'.  It's a subset, with a
PDF name 'TJWSUM+HelveticaNeueLTCom-Md', where the 'TJWSUM+' is a subset
tag.  I don't know if HelveticaNeueLTCom-Md is distributed as Type 1 or
OpenType/CFF, so it's hard to say where the subset came from.

Incidentally, my CFF-to-Type 1 converter had the same problem (the
divide operator was unimplemented), and unlike FreeType, has never had a
working implementation of divide.  This is the first bug report I've