Re: [ft-devel] gamma correction demo images

From: Dave Arnold
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] gamma correction demo images
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 19:11:57 +0000

Yes, the only difference in blending is that subpixel mode does it 3 times per
pixel.

The filter is color-balanced, but not normalized. Values above 0x100 will have
to be clamped and this non-linearity causes distortion and adds to color
fringing. Stem darkening is the better way to increase contrast.