[ft-devel] Font style not not shown properly

From: Zia -Ur-Rehman
Subject: [ft-devel] Font style not not shown properly
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:12:40 +0500

Hi,
       We are using FreeType for reading fonts for our SaaS based application. It worked fine on all fonts till now. But now its creating trouble with some fonts, attached is a font file which didn't worked properly. Problem is that FreeType return style value "Regular" but actually its style is "BlackItalic". A screenshot of values that FreeType function FT_Get_Sfnt_Name returns in FT_SfntName object is attached. First i thought that problem could be with the font file. But Microsoft word and notepad are showing correct style (i.e. BlackItalic). So can you please analyze this font and provide any help in this regard.

Regards,
Zia-ur-Rehman