Re: [ft-devel] gamma correction and FreeType

From: Dave Arnold
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] gamma correction and FreeType
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:26:31 -0800

This does look encouraging.

Thanks.

On 11/6/2013 11:41 PM, octoploid wrote:

01.11.2013, 06:31, "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>:
thanks a lot for your good demonstration images!

  I believe column 3 is what we want to achieve.
Yes, indeed!
It looks like we need to extend the Xorg Render extension
to achieve this for most Linux users, see:
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.devel/38116

BTW the next version of Xorg will feature EXT_framebuffer_sRGB for
OpenGL. Hopefully this extension could be used to accelerate linerar
compositing.
  http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/EXT/framebuffer_sRGB.txt