Re: [ft-devel] Question/clarification

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Question/clarification
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 20:52:55 +0200 (CEST)

> In file included from src/imaging/libimagingft/_imagingft.c:31:
> /usr/local/include/ft2build.h:56:10: fatal error:
> 'freetype/config/ftheader.h' file not found
> #include <freetype/config/ftheader.h>
>          ^
> 1 error generated.
> error: command 'clang' failed with exit status 1
>
> I read the comments in the ft2build.h but I confess I didn't quite
> understand why it wasn't working.

This looks like a problem in the compilation setup of `libimagingft':
The Makefile (or whatever) should call

  freetype-config --cflags

to get the right options for the header include directories.  For
example, on my GNU/Linux box I get

  > freetype-config --cflags
  -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include

Alternatively, the program might use pkg-config to do the same:

  > pkg-config freetype2 --cflags
  -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include

Note that the former method uses a script `freetype-config' installed
by FreeType; the latter uses a file `freetype2.pc' (also installed by
FreeType), to be found e.g. in `/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/'