Re: [ft-devel] Unable to load OpenType font (test case + font attached)

From: Harry Roberts
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Unable to load OpenType font (test case + font attached)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 03:31:26 +0000

After some digging it seems it's Acrobat X 'Optimization' stage that's causing the problems, and *not* Enfocus Pitstop (my apologies there).

Attached is another weird font file (ZDIWMH+BodoniXT' that even FontForge, Acrobat Reader 9.5 and Poppler 0.20.5 refuse to open.

I have a feeling that the font isn't salvageable at all and both Poppler and Freetype are correct in not loading it, but any input would be welcome.

CFF and cmap tables exist, but otfinfo reports:
```
otfinfo: 74.otf: bad major version number 0
```

And `ttx` seems to have trouble getting glyph order.

All other information from the PDF about that font, which appears to match the cmap section in the font file.

```
/Font (72) =
<< /FirstChar 32
/Widths [ 250 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 500 0 500 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 667 0 0 0 667 0 722 0 0 0 0 0 833 0 0 0 0 722 556 667 ]
/Encoding /WinAnsiEncoding
/Type /Font
/BaseFont /ZDIWMH+BodoniXT
/LastChar 84