[ft-devel] display broken

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] display broken
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:34:34 +0200 (CEST)

Folks

an hour ago my computer screen backlight has died. :-( It will take a
few days until a replacement screen arrives, delaying most of my
computer activities.  Fortunately, I've found a company which still
offers a 1680x1050 display for my old Dell.  It's depressing to see
that there are no high-res notebook screens available currently.  My
Dell is five years old and has a higher DPI than even more expensive
models from today.  Well, I've read that that Apple is going to sell
iBooks with `retina displays' soon, with really impressive DPI values,
and I suspect that other companies will provide similar things, which
is good!