Re: [ft-devel] inconsistently dropping sub-pixel features

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] inconsistently dropping sub-pixel features
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:49:03 -0400

KS> If the feature lies completely below one half pixel (ie yMax < 32)
KS> then the whole glyph is elided. If any part of the glyph lies above
KS> half the pixel (ie yMax >= 32) then the pixel is marked.

Interesting.

KS> This is the point for discussion, it seems to me that the location
KS> of the feature within the pixel should not have any effect on
KS> whether the pixel is marked or not, that should only depend (In my
KS> opinion of course) on the size of the feature.

It looks like ftraster.c:Vertical_Sweep_Drop() is responsible for that.

I wonder whether the Overshoot_Top and Overshoot_Bottom flags remain
constatnt when the glyph is flipped with FT_Set_Transform()?

If Vertical_Sweep_Drop() is the problem, chaning it to test more than
just >=50% may have significant effects elsewhere.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6