Re: [ft-devel] building freetype on z/OS

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] building freetype on z/OS
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:13:45 +0200 (CEST)

Antoine,

thanks for your analysis (and I hope you are well -- in the last time
I seldom hear from you on this list).

> In fact, the current version of zlib have an even more elaborated setup:
> #if HAVE_UNISTD_H
> #  include <sys/types.h> /* for off_t */
> #  include <unistd.h>    /* for SEEK_* and off_t */
> #  ifdef VMS
> #    include <unixio.h>   /* for off_t */
> #  endif
> #  define z_off_t off_t
> #endif
> [ ... rest unchanged... ]
>
> SEEK_* ought to be defined in <stdio.h> at any rate, which would be
> included anyway in Freetype (not so sure with raw zlib); so if I
> trust the comments, this all boils down to trigger the eventual
> typedefinition of z_off_t based on off_t.  And off_t is not ANSI C,
> which explain the stretch.

Volunteers are highly welcomed to provide patches for an update.

> The idea would then be to test about HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H rather than
> HAVE_UNISTD_H, or perhaps even directly aiming at finding off_t
> typedef (can we?); so it requires high surgery in the autoconfigure
> stuff, something I am not able to do in a ten-minute post like this
> one :-) If someone (Werner ?) has the free time to test it over the
> week end, please do, it'll provide Annubius a speedier solution.

Currently, I have far too much other things to do, sorry.  Again, I
urge interested people to take care of this; it should be rather
straightforward to fix this.