Re: [ft-devel] cross-compile configure error (patch)

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] cross-compile configure error (patch)
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:39:39 +0900

Dear Sir,

Great Thank you for checking the cross compiling feature of
freetype2, I'm the author of the part you fixed.

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:38:21 -0600
Ryan Hill <address@hidden> wrote:

>When cross-compiling freetype, when the build compiler executable ends
>in "-gcc" and CC_BUILD is not set in the environment, configure will
>fail to find the native compiler and die.  The attached patch sets
>CC_BUILD to ${build}-gcc rather than ${build-gcc}.

Sorry, "${build-gcc}" is completely my mistake, it should
be "${build}-gcc". I will commit your fix within 24 hours,
please wait.

>I've seen a similar patch in some embedded-centric distros, so this may
>have been reported before.  Is this the correct fix?

Your fix is correct, but I think yet I don't receive the
bug report about this (if somebody reported and I overlooked
it, I'm very sorry). I was thinking that cross building
feature of freetype-2.2.x and later is not used popularly,
because there are too many legacy programs using freetype
internal headers which cannot build with freetype-2.2.x
and later don't install.

Regards,
mpsuzuki