Re: [ft-devel] otvalid modules

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] otvalid modules
Date: 08 Aug 2007 10:42:36 -0700

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 23:35, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> I suggest a new API, probably one which can be extended in the
> (unlikely?) case the OpenType people define a new table.  Can you
> provide something?
I thought of a couple of things:
   A function that validated a single table (when given a face & tag)
        returns:    Table not understood
                    Table not in font
                    Table invalid
                    Table valid
   or a function like the current one except it doesn't return any
        tables... just goes off and validates whatever it can.

> Everything looks very good.  I just wonder why some `OTV_NAME_ENTER'
> constructs are commented out.  Do you want to avoid a flood of tracing
> messages?
I wasn't sure... but yes, basically I was afraid of too much output.
There's potentially one of those for every glyph in the font. Feel free
to remove the comments if you think that best.