[ft-devel] help on FreeType2 with SDL

From: Ken Leung
Subject: [ft-devel] help on FreeType2 with SDL
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:39:20 +0000

Dear experts,

I am trying to use freetype2 on SDL by implementing a very simple program (almost follow closely to the tutorial your website provide), but I couldn't get any text displayed on the screen.

I used FT_Load_Char to load a character, and try to put the bitmap on the SDL surface and display it, but I couldn't do it...

Is there a way that I can make sure the bitmap I got from FT_LOAD_Char function is really a character?

or can any expert give me an example on putting the text bitmap with the SDL function: SDL_CreateRGBSurfaceFrom(pixels, width, height, depth, pitch, Rmask, Gmask, Bmask, Amask) because I really can't find any example that use FreeType library on SDL on the web.

thanks in advance,

Ken

Windows Live Hotmail gives you the control you need to help you keep your e-mail private, safe and secure. See for yourself! www.newhotmail.ca?icid=WLHMENCA147