Re: [ft-devel] FT_Set_Charmap and unicode charmap

From: Pierre
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FT_Set_Charmap and unicode charmap
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:00:21 +0100

On 2/11/07, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Trying to debug a bug in libgd, I found something that sounds like a
> bug.

It's not a bug.

> When I set the charmap using FT_Set_Charmap with the unicode
> charmap, FT_Get_Char_Index fails to find the correct glyph (returns
> 0).

Yep.  You are selecting the wrong Unicode charmap.  Your loop
construction around line 90 selects the first one (which is for
Apple's 0,0 platform/encoding ID) instead the `extended' one
(Microsoft's 3/10).

You should use FT_Select_Charmap() instead.

It works like a charm now, thanks a lot.

It will greatly simplify the gdft code (and in php too). We were
trying to find the charmap manually for years.

I'll add a note to the documentation.

Good idea :)

Cheers,
--Pierre