Re: [ft-devel] Problems with FT_Outline_Get_Bitmap

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Problems with FT_Outline_Get_Bitmap
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 02:08:06 +0200

Hello George,

I think this is explained by the documentation, see section 3
of the following page:

  http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/glyphs/glyphs-7.html

You need to translate your outline before calling FT_Outline_Get_Bitmap,
you want to lower-left corner of your rectangle to match (0,0) in
vector space.

Hope this helps,

- David

On 28 Sep 2006 16:48:33 -0700, "George Williams" <address@hidden> said:
> I am trying to rasterize a rectangle which is centered around y==0.
>
> I get a bitmap half as high as I expect.
>
> More complicated tests suggest that everything below y==0 is clipped.
>
> Test file included.
>
> (Note: I do not have a Face open. I'm going directly from an FT_Outline
> to an FT_Bitmap).
- David Turner