Re: [ft-devel] Make FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden standard API?

From: Chia I Wu
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Make FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden standard API?
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:25:33 +0800

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 07:32:49AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> Anyway, there is a bug, either in your emboldening code or in ftview.
> Load the attached font with
>
>   ftview 15 Chicago.12.bdf
>
> then press the space key, arrow up, arrow down, arrow up, arrow down,
> etc., and you can see that the glyphs get fatter and fatter.
Thanks for testing. The attached patch should fix the problem.
(Changelog entry included. You may need to change the date.)

This happens when slot is not bitmap-owner (like this case of bdf font).
I also make the metrics always being modified in this patch, as those
who want more control should use FT_{Bitmap,Outline}_Embolden instead.

olv