Re: [ft-devel] Bug on PowerPC: Illegal Intruction in FT_Get_Name_Index (

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Bug on PowerPC: Illegal Intruction in FT_Get_Name_Index (worksforme)
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 03:08:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > > One more thing: I found it very hard to reconfigure freetype2 on
> > > Unix, to use another compiler for example.  When I rerun
> > > ./configure with another CFLAGS, I see it report the new compiler,
> > > but when making, it's still using the old one.  My humble solution
> > > was checking out a fresh copy...
> >
> > This is a bug.  I'll try to fix it.
>
> It should be fixed now.  Please test.

Fixed, indeed.  Thanks.

Very nice that it compiles under gcc and g++ with no warning,
except for the two you mentioned before (-pedantic only):

In file included from
/home/behdad/project/cvs/sf/freetype/freetype2/src/sfnt/sfnt.c:26:
/home/behdad/project/cvs/sf/freetype/freetype2/src/sfnt/sfdriver.c:
In function `sfnt_get_interface':
/home/behdad/project/cvs/sf/freetype/freetype2/src/sfnt/sfdriver.c:322:
warning: ISO C forbids conversion of function pointer to object
pointer type
/home/behdad/project/cvs/sf/freetype/freetype2/src/sfnt/sfdriver.c:325:
warning: ISO C forbids conversion of function pointer to object
pointer type

There should be some way to avoid this I'm sure.  What are you
doing in other modules, they don't have this problem?

I can think of hacks by doing fake prototypes/declarations, but
that totally breaks all error cheking the compiler is doing for
us.

>     Werner

--behdad
http://behdad.org/