[ft-devel] Problem with Freetype CVS, Luxi Sans and auto-hinter

From: GhePeU
Subject: [ft-devel] Problem with Freetype CVS, Luxi Sans and auto-hinter
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:14:40 +0200

Hello.
Yesterday I installed a CVS snapshot of freetype2, and I noticed some
problems with auto-hinter and Luxi Sans (luxisr.ttf included in Xorg
6.8.2), particularly manifest in 'รถ'. Characther tickness isn't always
uniform, but changes at certain size; attached to this email there is a
screenshot of mozilla firefox 1.0.3 with font size growing from 8pt to
22pt. If this can help, I'm using gnome with dpi set to 84; these are
relevant information from xrdb -query:

Xft.antialias:  1
Xft.autohint:   1
Xft.dpi:        84.000000
Xft.hinting:    1
Xft.hintstyle:  hintmedium
Xft.rgba:       none

If you need other information don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you in advance,

Giacomo

--
Whatever you do, don't tell anyone