[ft-devel] (no subject)

From: clemens . koller
Subject: [ft-devel] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:34:58 +0200

Hi, Werner!

I guess it's not my lucky day, today?!

> As written in README.CVS, you should just say
>
>   sh ./autogen.sh
>
> this already calls `aclocal -I .' (the `-I .' flag is necessary).
> Hmm, it seems it is probably best to add `--force' to autolocal --
> done right now in the CVS.

If I do that after a clean checkout:

address@hidden:/home/clemens/cvsbuild/freetype2$ sh ./autogen.sh
/home/clemens/cvsbuild/freetype2/builds/unix
running `aclocal -I . --force'
running `libtoolize --force --copy'
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
running `autoconf --force'
configure.ac:147: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
error while running `autoconf --force'

Hmm... so what?

> I use autoconf 2.59b (from alpha.gnu.org).

I updated to 2.59b also
autoconf's   make check   was successful
automake's   make check   was successful
but the problem stays

Update from M4-1.4.1 to 1.4.3 was okay... but
the problem is still there. (There was an issue
with 1.4.1 on Sparc which caused a problem
with AC_PROG_LIBTOOL some time ago)

> Is freetype-2.1.10 now officially released?

Is something wrong with my eyes? [-8

Greets,

Clemens