Re: [Devel] Metric for hat (^) vertical offset?

From: Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
Subject: Re: [Devel] Metric for hat (^) vertical offset?
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:01:01 +0000

A Ter, 2003-10-28 às 21:23, Werner LEMBERG escreveu:
> > The reason why layout is failing is that freetype indicates an
> > excessively large bounding box for the ^ glyph.
>
> What do you mean with `indicate'?  Normally, FreeType reports the
> metrics given in the font.  If you want an approximation to the
> smallest bounding box, you should call FT_Glyph_Get_CBox.

  I am indeed calling FT_Glyph_Get_CBox.  Like this:

        memset(&cbox, 0, sizeof(cbox));
        FT_Glyph_Get_CBox(glyph, ft_glyph_bbox_subpixels, &cbox);
        tl->cbox.xMin = MIN(tl->cbox.xMin, cbox.xMin);
        tl->cbox.yMin = MIN(tl->cbox.yMin, cbox.yMin);
        tl->cbox.xMax = MAX(tl->cbox.xMax, cbox.xMax);
        tl->cbox.yMax = MAX(tl->cbox.yMax, cbox.yMax);

This code is part of the text line layout loop.  It computes the union
of bounding boxes of all glyphs.  So, that's not it :-|

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<address@hidden> <address@hidden>