RE: [Devel] Fw: Info for Mac

From: 786
Subject: RE: [Devel] Fw: Info for Mac
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:01:34 +0500

Dear Mr. William
Thank you, these really helped.

Aamir

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Williams [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:18 AM
To: address@hidden
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: [Devel] Fw: Info for Mac

Hi,

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/
ATS_Concepts/atsfonts_concepts/index.html
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/TextInternational-
date.html

These would be two good points to look at for Mac OS X (and Mac OS 9)
frameworks and libraries to use for text and fonts.  OS X supports
OpenType fonts.  Freetype2 also runs on OS X just fine, and will be
installed if you install an X server, either Apple's X11
(http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/x11/download/) or XDarwin
(www.xdarwin.org).  Be aware that freetype doesn't currently support
more than the first face in an Mac OS resource-based font file however.
  Other than that, full FreeType functionality is available, and of
course native OS X typography and font functions.

Do you have any further or more specific questions we could answer?

Dan