[Devel] FreeType 2.1.3 release & Roadmap

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: [Devel] FreeType 2.1.3 release & Roadmap
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:53:50 +0400

When FreeType 2.1.3 would be released?
I have checked FreeType.org web site, but there is no expected date on the
web.

Also:
I have talked to some people discussing FreeType integration into Linux
distributions, specific requirements, etc.
There was a question: "isn't there a way to download milestone snapshots (like
in mozilla with rc1, rc2, etc.)?"
Can this issue be addressed in the future?
I understand that running CVS is convinient for some people. But on the other
hand, other people get used to milestones from Mozilla, or Alpha/Beta/RC
releases, or finally to "pre13, pre14,...." releases in style of Linux.

There are also some concerns that quality of rendering in last FT releases
(for example, 2.1.2) is not as good as in some previous releases (FT 2.0.9)
Are there any *official* testing procedures for FreeType rendering?

As you probably know, I do some tetsing on my own. But I am wondering if we
have something that can be called *official FreeType Q&A tests*?
If there is nothing like this, what are criterias people consider to be
important, when testing rendering of different fonts?

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)