[Devel] Bug in ttinterp.c ???

From: Rogier van Dalen
Subject: [Devel] Bug in ttinterp.c ???
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 22:29:19 +0200

As I was instructing a TT font I have made, I found FreeType behaving strangely on a few glyphs. It seems to have to do with the MSIRP instruction.

The font is at
http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~slam/fonts/Legendum_hinted.ttf
(the instruction code is at http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~slam/fonts/Legendum.tti (This has been produced with my instruction compiler, but the code surely is straightforward enough) )

The capitals I and T look strange with ftview, whereas both the Windows (2000 & 95) scaler and my own, home-grown scaler work as they should. Let's take T (glyph 57).

At g0018, the program calls function 6. At f0398, the MSIRP tries to move a point horizontally at a distance from point 0 in the twilight zone. The y coordinate, however, seems to be set to the twilight point y coordinate, which is 0. It seems to me this has got something to do with the /* XXX: UNDOCUMENTED! behaviour */ part in Ins_MSIRP, which I don't understand at all. This seems to happen at all sizes.

Hopefully someone will be able to see what is wrong or point out what I'm doing wrong...

Rogier