[Devel] Fontconfig release - fcpackage version 2.0

From: Keith Packard
Subject: [Devel] Fontconfig release - fcpackage version 2.0
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 11:30:07 -0700

Fontconfig is a font configuration and naming library, it is independent
of the font engine and the output device.

With sufficient prodding, I've finally managed to build a release version
of the various fontconfig related libraries.  Please find them at the
fontconfig web site:

        http://fontconfig.org

(that's the same as http://nexp.cs.pdx.edu/fontconfig if your DNS can't
find fontconfig.org yet).

Because it includes version 2.0 of Xft, and because Fontconfig replaces
functionality found in version 1 of Xft, I've labeled the package
as version 2.0.  It contains:

        Fontconfig      1.0.1
        Xft             2.0
        Xft1            1.1
        Xrender         1.1     (supports Render protocol 0.5)

Thanks go to all of those involved in this release, in particular:

 +      Julisuz Chroboczek and Raph Levien for the original vision
        of client-side fonts.

 +      Lars Knoll and Brad Hughes for early integration of Xft into
        the Qt toolkit.

 +      Chris Blizzard and Brian Stell for help getting fontconfig ready
        to support Mozilla, and Chris for his work porting Mozilla to
        Xft2 and fontconfig.

 +      Owen Taylor for help integrating fontconfig, Xft2 and Pango,
        and for help testing the release candidates.

 +      David Dawes and the XFree86 project for the window system.

 +      Dirk Hohndel for initial prodding on anti-aliased text.

 +      David Turner and the FreeType project for a free font engine.

 +      SuSE, Compaq and HP for supporting my work on this library.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab