Re: [Devel] Underlining

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Devel] Underlining
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:50:32 -0400

At 10:11 AM +0200 6/27/02, Detlef Würkner wrote:
I'm thinking about adding support for underlining and maybe strikethrough
to my application, but currently didnt find an easy way to do it. The
underline position and thickness information is available in some font
formats. Is it possible to construct outline glyphs for solid, double,
broken underlining/strikethrough, scale them as needed and render them to
an already existing bitmap glyph? Is there any source code for
underlining with FreeType2 available?

ImageMagick (http://www.imagemagick.org) has code for underline and strike-though using FT2 in it. librsvg (from Gnome) also has similar code, since I wrote both sets ;).

Leonard
Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:address@hidden>