Re: [Devel] Disabling the autohinter

From: Detlef Würkner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Disabling the autohinter
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 08:09:25 +0200

address@hidden (Keith Packard) wrote:

> That's not quite what I want; I'd like to have no hinting when a
> format-specific hinter is not available.  When anti-aliasing most fonts,
> the autohinter generally produces worse looking output than the unhinted
> glyphs.

So you want the autohinter to be never used? Then you dont need to link
it. Comment out the line

FT_USE_MODULE(autohint_module_class)

in config/ftmodule.h and rebuild (here this works as expected).
In source code the only possibility I'm aware of is (untested)

if ( !FT_DRIVER_HAS_HINTER( face->driver ) )
  flags |= FT_LOAD_NO_HINTING;

Ciao, Detlef
--
_ // address@hidden