[Devel] Recent FreeType releases break type rendering in Cosmoe

From: Bill Hayden
Subject: [Devel] Recent FreeType releases break type rendering in Cosmoe
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 15:39:41 -0400

FreeType is used as the type engine for the Cosmoe (www.cosmoe.com) GUI.  It
currently uses FreeType 2.0b8.  Obviously, I'd prefer that use the latest
version.

However, even though 2.0b8 was the last beta before 2.0 final, and therefore
now much theoretically changed, something in 2.0 and later breaks type
rendering in Cosmoe.  Specifically, the leading is completely hosed so that
each line of multi-line text almost completely overwrites the previous line.
Single line text renders fine.

Does anyone intimately familiar with FreeType know what could have changed
between 2.0b8 and 2.0 to break my code in such a way?  When I look at the
diffs between 2.0b8 and 2.0 they are surprisingly large, so I don't really
know where to start.

Thanks,
Bill Hayden
Hayden Technologies, Inc.