Re: [Devel] Howdy

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Howdy
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 08:10:54 +0200 (CEST)

> I meant the big picture changes, not the nitty-gitty details. I see
> that FT 2.1 has been released.  What about the other auxiliary
> projects, like FTLayout, etc... ???

Big *what*?  You are joking.  We don't have a big picture :-)

Unfortunately, noone has time to work on FTL; well David has
added/moved OpenType parsing and validation routines into the CVS
tree, but...

Anyway, we have three new font drivers (BDF with anti-alias support,
PFR, and Type 42; the latter has still some problems), and we have new
cmap support.  Additionally, David has orthogonalized many
functions/variables to have a consistent naming scheme.